Women in Cycling: A Roundtable Discussion
Philadelphia, PA: The Philly Bike Expo is proud to present its second women's panel on October 27th. Bringing together women from every branch of the bike industry, the informal roundtable style discussion will cover issues facing women in a mostly male-dominated field. Panel participants will discuss their work, brainstorm how to get more women out riding, and answer questions about women-specific bicycles and training.
Consisting of mechanics, activists, apparel makers, a framebuilder, a racer and more, this is an extraordinarily diverse group. Just a few of the participants are:
...And many more!
- Katie Monroe of Bike Coalition, activist
- Mary Elizabeth of alloneword, apparel maker and entrepreneur
- Shelly Salamon, owner of Fairmount Bikes
- Isis Shiffer of Bilenky Cycle Works, framebuilder
- Cat Bergeron of Keswick Cycles, mechanic and racer.
With so many knowledgeable women from such varied backgrounds, this promises to be a don't miss event for cycling enthusiasts of all genders.
Press passes available upon request.
Philly Bike Expo
Saturday and Sunday, October 27th and 28th
23rd St Armory
22 S. 23rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19103