Maybe 35 miles, mostly quite flat, mostly (but not entirely) quiet roads.
- Meet at 9:30 at Massimo's Mudspot on La Brea and 8th in the Miracle Mile for coffee and yakking.
- Roll around 10:00 for a saunter through Beverly Hills to Century City and eventually Brentwood, where we'll ascend the westside roadies' stairway to heaven, San Vicente Boulevard! (No actual climbing involved, except for half a block of Federal Way.)
- Stop at Caffe Luxxe for more coffee and yakking and my Birthday Croissant (unless they're out of it....)
- Onward through the leafy environs of San Vicente to the Palisades, where we'll decide whether to ride roads or path southward, with the goal of ending up in Marina del Rey, with a possible detour to The Bridge.
- Eastwards along the Ballona Creek bike path to the longitude of Samosa House East for more refreshment.
- Back to the Mile via various neighborhood backroads for the most part.
RSVP (via our Comments page) would be nice but not required; just show up and ride (and eat) along!
And we will be CVC compliant.
Moderate pace, might be a small or big group, but good friendly folks in any case.
Note: Massimo's is two or three miles west of the Wilshire/Western Red Line station, and right on the 212, 20, and 720 bus lines. There is some street parking around for those who drive. Map on Massimo's website website linked above.